My dad has two favorite treats: Rice Krispie Treats & Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls.
My dad has the Rice Krispie ration down to a science and he loves Cinnabon Rolls - Both the outside and the inner core. These two treats are guaranteed to make him do a happy dance and I will forever call "Dad Classics".
This Rice Krispie Connoisseur and Cinnabon Roll Lover has given this dessert TWO thumbs up, so you know they are legit and do not stay in the house long.
Ashley's Tips: While the frosting is yummy, the treats are just as good without it, too.
FOR RICE KRISPIES TREATS
1 Cup of Butter (2 sticks)
2- 12oz Bags of Marshmallows
2 tsp. of Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
10 Cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
3 oz. Cream Cheese (softened to room temperature)
3/4 Cup of Powdered Sugar
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tsp. Heave Cream (optional)
Rice Krispie Treats:
1. Grease a baking pan with butter. Prep and measure all the ingredients.
2. In a large pot, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in cinnamon and salt, then remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies.
3. Pour the mixture in a pan and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut the treats in to squares and use your hands to round the edges. Then let the "rolls" cool completely.
1. While the "rolls" are cooling, use a medium bowl to combine cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat again until smooth. If icing is too thick, add heavy cream teaspoon by teaspoon until desired consistency is reached. Transfer to a piping bag or ziplock plastic bag.
2. Cut a small hole in a corner of the plastic bag or use piping bag and pipe swirls of frosting onto each Rice Krispies treat. Dust with cinnamon and serve